Recently I've been working with Flash Builder 4.6 on Mac OSX 10.7 a.k.a. Lion. A couple times now I've encountered a problem where Flash Builder just won't start. It just hangs at the splash screen and the little beachball spins away.
Through Googling, I learned that other people have encountered the same behavior and they fixed it by deleting a .metadata file in their workspace. Supposedly the issue was that the workspace had become corrupted.
I could not find a .metadata file, but I was able to get running again by doing the following:
- Shut down (force quit) Flash Builder.
- Rename the workspace folder.
- Start up Flash Builder. Behold! It starts! All the projects are now broken because the paths are now incorrect.
- Shut down Flash Builder.
- Rename the workspace folder back to what it was.
- Start up Flash Builder.
- Breathe a sigh of relief.
Hope this helps someone out.